Thursday 5 March 2020

OVC portraits, Cindy, July & November 1966

PORTRAITS

During this time I was lucky enough to be able to arrange a few portrait sessions, which were very rewarding. Portraiture is still my favourite kind of photography.
   We achieved some very nice results in my make-shift studio set-up (=bedsitter) at 39 Longridge Road.
   One of the excellent models was Cindy. Cindy was a bit unusual among the Earls Court crowd, because she was English. There were actually very few locals at the OVC, most of them being from Australia, Canada, South Africa and similar places overseas. And from other foreign countries (like Wales!).
   Cindy was a superb model with lots of interesting posing ideas. We took photographs together on a few different occasions (13 July, 16 & 18 November 1966). She could easily have become a professional model, and, for all I know, perhaps she did. She later changed her name to – Jacqueline – no. Geraldine – no. Josephine – maybe. In any case one of those –ine names. It will resurface from my magnetic memory some time. It’s not too far down.
   Thank you, Cindy (Josephine?) for sitting for my camera. You were very beautiful. as were all the other girls. Thank you to all for helping me to obtain some fine photographs. If I had got my act together at the time I could easily have become the second “David Bailey”. I was entirely to blame myself that I didn’t. There were certainly enough new “Jean Shrimptons” around.
   The following 35 pictures are from the session on 13 July 1966.



































 Then there are these 18 from 16 November 1966


















 And then these 16 from 18 November 1966

















No comments:

Post a Comment