Monday 2 March 2020

OVC staff party, 17 December 1966

These are the photographs I took at the OVC staff party on 17 December 1966


Paul Napier (SA) & Heather Taylor (SA) (19001)

Keith Pinnock (SA) & Maureen Wiederhold (Canada) (19002)
Willis Pillinger (SA) & Maureen (19003)
Neil "Stuey" Stewart - in the background John Hopkins (Aust), Ray & Willis (19004)
Chris Axelros (cenre)(SA) with mates - Bob Marco (SA), the duty porter, also in the background (19005)

Icelandic girls Katta & Hana, with ? (19006)
Nigel (Fiji) & Heather (19007)

Jean & Don, my "ou swaer", Salisbury Court porter (19008)
Unknown, but probably connected with Don as he ordered some prints of this shot (19009)
Diane (NZ) and Stuey (19010)
George the doorman (SA) (19011)
'Tis he, your favourite DJ, Willis Pillinger! (19012)
Dick (USA) & Val (SA) (19013)
Frances, "Sweet Pea" Cheryl (Canada) & Ronnie Milton (SA) (19014)
Dick Lee (Aust) having a "double" (19015)
Robbie Marco (Canada) (19016)
Two good Canadians, Maureen & Bob (19017)
Dave Lawson, director (19018)
? and Carol from the mail desk (19019)
Carol agaain, with the Xmas tree (19020)
Keith & Sandy Harvey (19022)
Beth & Alfie - in the background Carol ? (19023)
John Hopkins (Aust) & Beth - of all the nice guys at the OVC, John H was one of the best (19024)
Maureen & Rob (19025)
Sandy & Doug (19026)
Nigel & Beverl Kluis (Aust) (19027)
Lester Jolly & Pam Broomhall (Aust) (19028)
Pam & Lester (19029)
Marilyn (Canada) & Brian Cowley (19030)
Lee Atkinson  (Aust) & Paul - the party obviously progressing well! (19031)
John Hynd (SA) dong his duty as a good barman kissing Heather (19032)
Lester & Pam (19033)
Heather & Paul (19034)

Maureen  (19035)
Pam (19036)

3 comments:

  1. Great Memories Errol. I was at the OVC during these times - shared a flat with Brian Duffin - worked with Lester Jolly, Brian McInnes (followed him in as Bars Manager) - Knew David Lawson and Neil Herman real well - and was on the International speaking circuit with Nick Tarsh in the 80s and 90s. Suggest that your readers visit my site for more OVC content - www.theoldbluetruck.com. You might like to put a proper (reciprocal) link on your site...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know why my name was missed off the above comment... It should have been signed John Polson - contact me at jrpolson@bigpond.com

      Delete
  2. Hi John, many thanks, it's wonderful to get your response (the only one so far, but hopefully there will be more in due course). And thanks especially for following up when the first email didn't include your name. I will reply to your normal email address too (mine is ecollen@gmail.com in case the names disappear again). But I will definitely put a link to the oldbluetruck here as soon as I can work out how to do it. I have however come across your site before (I think it probably came up in a Google search for Earls Court - I wish mine would). And I was very impressed with all the content and photos you have there. I will look into getting reciprocal links with you. I did leave a note on your site earlier saying something like that these two collections actually belong together, but because I have so many photos (I still have lots more to load), it would have been impractical to try to put them all on your site. Thanks again for making contact. Cheers, Errol

    ReplyDelete